Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
You are using an outdated browser we no longer support.
Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Last updated January 23, 2024
NOTICE AT COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sensitive Personal Information, such as your online L’ange account log-in name or email and corresponding password.
We do not use or disclose such information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you or for any purpose other than the limited permissible purposes set forth in the regulations implementing California law. Such purposes include providing our services and verifying, maintaining the quality of, and improving our services.
B. The Business and Commercial Purposes for Which We Collect and Use Your Personal Information:- To operate a Site, including providing the content on a Site, and providing products that we sell via a Site;
- To fulfill your orders on our e-commerce platforms;
- To respond to your inquiries, and contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To use and disclose your payment card information only to process payments and prevent fraud;
- To protect the security or integrity of a Site and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- To enhance your online browsing experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to a Site;
- To review the usage and operations of a Site, develop new products, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content and products;
- To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on a Site, across other websites, online services, or platforms, and through direct marketing;
- To contact you with information and promotional materials from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates; and
- To use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- ACTIVITIES COVERED
- Visit or use a Site, including by logging-in to your account to make a purchase;
- Visit our branded social media pages; and
- Receive communications from us or otherwise communicate with us, including but not limited to emails, phone calls, and texts.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information that we automatically collect; and (C) information we receive from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
A. Information You Provide
L'ange collects information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you visit a Site, log-in at a Site, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The information we collect may include your biographical information (i.e., name, address, email address, telephone or mobile number, date of birth, and gender), registration information (i.e., username), geolocation information, payment information.
B. Information Automatically Collected
Please note that we automatically collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device: We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier or information from the computer or device you use to access a Site, including the browser type, device type, operating system, software version, hardware model, mobile network information, and the domain name from which you accessed a Site.
- Usage Information: We also may collect information about your use of a Site, including the date and time you visit a Site, the areas or pages of a Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using a Site, the number of times you return to a Site, recordings of chat sessions (including with the involvement of bots), other click-stream or Site usage data, and other websites that you may visit.
- Location: We collect general information about where traffic on a Site is coming from around the world. This is used at an aggregate level to create reports to better understand our engagement with users.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: “Cookies” are text files that are placed on your browser by the websites that you visit. Cookies are used for various purposes, including to distinguish you from other users, make your site navigation more efficient, help remember your preferences, enhance your browsing experience, and improve the use and functionality of our Site and related content. They can also enable the delivery of relevant and personalized advertisements to you across the Internet.
To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your automatically collected information, please see the “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” section below.
C. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information about you from our partners and service providers (including, for example, business partners, analytics vendors, and advertising networks). We use the information we collect from other sources to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with a Site, target our communications so that we can inform you of products and services or other offers that may be of interest to you, to measure ad quality and responses, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
D. Combination of Information
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share the information we collect from and about you as described below.
- Our Affiliates: We may share your information with L’ange affiliates and subsidiaries for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers that provide business, professional, marketing, analytics, or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and a Site, or administer activities on our behalf. We require our service providers to only use your Personal Information in connection with providing services to L’ange.
- Our Business Partners: We disclose your Personal Information to other companies with whom we partner to provide services or other offerings to you and carry out other related activities. For example, we may disclose your Personal Information to a third party that co-sponsors a promotion.
- Our Analytics Partners: We disclose your Personal Information to our partners that assist us in performing analytics and help us measure the effectiveness of our Site’s content and our marketing and advertising efforts.
- Our Marketing and Advertising Partners: We disclose your Personal Information to third parties for marketing and advertising purposes, including social media platforms, third-party advertising networks, and other parties that assist us in serving and optimizing our advertisements.
- Aggregate or Anonymous, non-personal information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Certain disclosures may be considered “sales” or “shares” of Personal Information under applicable U.S. state privacy laws. Details on how to exercise your legal rights with respect to such “sales” or “shares” can be found in the “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” section below.
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have the ability to make certain choices about how we use your Personal Information, as follows:
A. Third-Party Opt Outs
You may be able to opt out of receiving certain targeted or interest-based advertisements using the browser opt-out tools and consumer choice mechanisms provided by advertising industry self-regulatory groups by following the links below:
Network Advertising Alliance (NAI): https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): https://youradchoices.com/control
You also can control whether you see interest-based advertisements on your mobile device(s) in the following ways:
- Your device operating system may provide mechanisms that allow you to opt in or opt out of the use of information about your use of mobile apps to deliver interest-based advertising to your mobile device. For more information, consult your device settings.
- The DAA offers a tool for opting out of the collection of cross-app data on mobile devices for interest-based advertising. To exercise your choices with respect to participating companies, please download the AppChoices tool at aboutads.info/appchoices.
You will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices, as each opt out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work, and you will have to opt out again.
Even if you choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, you may still receive advertising, but the advertisements may be less relevant.
Some of our partners may provide you with additional choices with respect to interest-based advertising. For example, certain social media platforms allow you to control your advertising preferences directly through their services. Please review the privacy policies of the third-party services you use for more information.
If you reside in the United States, depending on your state of residency, you may have additional choices with respect to our use and disclosure of information for sale and interest-based advertising purposes. Details on how to exercise your legal rights can be found below in Section 5.E, “Opt-Out Requests.”
B. Direct Marketing Choices
You have the ability to opt-in to receive our email newsletters after making a purchase on a Site. To opt-out of direct marketing communications, you may:
Click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of all promotional emails. If you have opted-in to receiving text messages from us about our products, you can opt-out from receiving text messages by texting STOP to the SMS number used by L’ange to contact you.
You may also choose not to receive text messages by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying that you no longer want to receive text messages and providing the SMS number used by L’ange to contact you.
If you receive marketing communications from one or more L’ange affiliates, you must opt-out individually from each of the affiliates from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications.
C. Privacy Rights and Requests
Depending on your U.S. state of residence, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information, including:
- Right to Know: You may have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Please note that we may not be required to respond to your requests “to know” or access specific pieces of personal information more than twice in any 12-month period.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to access your information in a portable format.
- Right to Delete: You may have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Correct: You may have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we may maintain about you, subject to appropriate verification.
- Right to Opt Out of Certain Types of Personal Information Uses and Disclosures: We use and disclose to third parties’ Personal Information for analytics and advertising purposes. Accordingly, you may have the right to opt out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information, or the use and disclosure of your Personal Information for “targeted advertising” (as these terms are defined in applicable law).
Please note that, where permitted under applicable law, we may decline a request if we are unable to verify your identity (or an agent’s authority to make the request) and confirm the Personal Information we maintain relates to you.
If you are interested in exercising one or more of the rights outlined above, please contact us at email@example.com. You must put the statement “Your Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. We may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request by asking you a series of questions about your previous interactions with us. Submitting a privacy rights request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will not discriminate against you if you decide to exercise your privacy rights.
D. Agent Requests
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may submit a request related to your Personal Information. You may also submit a request on behalf of your minor child.
Depending on your U.S. state of residence, you may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf. L’ange retains the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity.
E. Opt-Out Requests
You may request to opt out of the sale or share of your Personal Information, or of targeted advertising, at any time by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link here or at the bottom of our Site’s homepage, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting an opt-out request does not require you to create an account with us.
Alternatively, you can use certain preference signals to exercise your sale and sharing opt-out right automatically with all businesses that you interact with online, including L’ange. If you enable a browser-based opt-out preference signal, such as Global Privacy Control (GPC), upon receipt or detection, we will treat the signal as a valid request to opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information linked to that browser and any consumer profile we have associated with that browser. Please note that if you use different browsers or browser profiles, you will have to enable the signal on each browser or profile.
F. Right to Appeal
Depending on your U.S. state of residence, you may have the right to appeal a decision we have made in connection with your privacy rights request. To appeal a decision, please contact us at email@example.com
E. Notice of Financial Incentive
The CCPA’s implementing regulations define a “financial incentive” as a program, benefit, or other offering “related to the collection, deletion, or sale of personal information.” L’ange offers customers the opportunity to participate in the L’ange Hair VIP Rewards Program (the “Program”), which may provide benefits, including discounted products, as well as the opportunity for those who choose to join (“members”) to earn points that can be redeemed for products. Those benefits are described along with other material terms and conditions Here. Our collection of members’ Personal Information (including name, shipping address, and email address), allows L’ange to operate the Program and provide membership benefits. Because this Program involves the collection of Personal Information, it may be also interpreted as a “bona fide loyalty program” under Colorado law. L’ange uses this information for the purposes described above under the section titled “Notice at Collection of Personal Information” including for targeted advertising. L’ange may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in our “Notice at Collection of Personal Information,” including data analytics providers, advertising technology vendors, and social media platforms.
If you are not already a member, click here to enroll in the Program now.
If you are a member and request deletion of part or all your Personal Information, that could affect your Program membership. If we cannot retain your Personal Information, you will no longer be a member, and so would forfeit any accrued points and future Program benefits would be removed. Our good faith estimate of the value of your Personal Information is the value of the benefit we offer to you. We have calculated such value by using the expense related to the benefit. By participating in the Program, you agree that the benefits are reasonably related to the value of the Personal Information collected and retained.
A member may also choose not to receive marketing updates or offers at any time without any effect on their membership status or eligibility to receive Program benefits.
You may cancel your membership at any time by notifying Member Support at the Help Center.
Please note that we may provide additional terms that apply to a particular financial incentive. If applicable, those terms will be presented to you at sign up.
Limited-Time Promotions or Sweepstakes:
From time to time, we may offer incentives limited to a specific time period, such as limited-time sweepstakes, contests and other promotions. In exchange for your participation in these promotions, you may be offered a financial incentive, such as a prize. As part of these limited-time promotions or sweepstakes, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and phone number. We will disclose the Personal Information implicated by such promotions or sweepstakes at the time of the offering. Participation in a limited time offer or promotion is governed by the applicable terms and conditions for the program (e.g., Giveaway Rules), which will also describe any financial incentives associated with the promotion and how to participate. You can terminate participation at any time as will be explained in the program terms.
In addition to the programs identified above, we may also offer you one-time percentage off coupons, discounts, or other promotions from time to time, such as when you provide us your email address and agree to receive marketing emails in exchange for a one-time coupon. Such offers may not be available at all times. You can terminate participation at any time by contacting us at the Help Center. Our good faith estimate of the value of your Personal Information is the value of the benefit we offer to you. We have calculated such value by using the expense related to the benefit.
By participating in any of the above promotional programs, you agree that the benefits are reasonably related to the value of the Personal Information collected and retained.
Participation in our promotional programs is always optional, and you can terminate program participation at any time as explained in the applicable program terms. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe or cancel your participation in any program.
H. Additional Notice to EEA and UK Residents
For residents of the European Economic Area and United Kingdom, L’ange is the controller responsible for processing your personal data.
- Legal Basis for Processing: Applicable law in certain jurisdictions requires us to set out the “legal basis” that we rely on to collect and use your Personal Information. Where applicable, the legal bases upon which we rely on in order to collect and use your Personal Information are as follows:
- Consent: We may collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information on the basis of the consent that you provide us at the point of information collection or disclosure. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
- Contractual Necessity: We may collect and use certain Personal Information where it is either necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract. This may include Personal Information used to provide you with our products and related services and related transaction information.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation: We are subject to various legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and we may use, disclose, and retain your Personal Information if necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation arising under an applicable law to which we are subject.
- Legitimate Interests: We may collect and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to carry out our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), provided that such interests do not outweigh your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on a legitimate interest in managing our relationship with you; conducting and managing our business; providing you with customer support; conducting market research; developing and enhancing our Services as well as our products and services; detecting and preventing fraud and other harmful activities; and monitoring and maintaining the security of our data, systems, and networks.
- Privacy Rights and Requests: Under applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information, including:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to, or copies (and transmission) of, the Personal Information we hold about you and the purposes for which we are using it.
- Right to Rectify: You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we have collected from and maintain about you, subject to appropriate verification.
- Right to Erase: You have the right to erase Personal Information pertaining to you, under certain conditions. We will assess any deletion request after verifying your identity and work to respond within one calendar month, and let you know if we need additional time.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to processing the Personal Information we process, under certain conditions.
- Right to Restrict: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the data we have collected from you. Under certain conditions, you may request that we transfer your Personal Information to another organization, or directly to you.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
At any time, you may request or assert any of the rights above by emailing us at email@example.com. If you believe there has been a violation of your privacy rights, please contact us or the supervisory authority.
You may also have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of children, especially in the online environment. We do not direct a Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of sixteen If we learn that a minor has provided personal information through a Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think that your child has given us data, you can contact us in writing or by email as provided below under the section titled “Contact Us.” Please mark your inquiries “Children’s Privacy Information Request.”
- DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
- EXTERNAL LINKS
Our Site may have links to third-party services, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites.
- CONTACT US
L’ange Hair, Inc.
20310 Plummer St.
Chatsworth, CA 91311