The Easy Way to Organize Your Styling Tools and Products
There’s nothing quite like stocking your “home salon” with a versatile array of styling products, tools, and hair accessories. So here are a few fast, trouble-free suggestions for do-it-yourself hair care home organization.
Somebody should rewrite a now-famous slogan to address a major hair styling fear.
We can just picture the TV commercials and billboards:
It’s 3 a.m...
DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CURLING WAND IS?
Make no mistake:
There’s nothing quite like stocking your “home salon” with a versatile array of styling products, tools, and hair accessories.
Seriously...how great does it feel knowing everything you need to create any style of your dreams is right at your fingertips?
But there’s just one problem:
Far too often, those tools and products aren’t right at your fingertips.
“Sometimes, life gets so cluttered, it’s hard to find just the styling product or tool you need”
When you’re living the kind of non-stop, full-calendar life so many of us manage these days…
...it’s far too easy to find yourself doing your hair and three other things at the same time.
That’s how you end up with shampoo in the basement...hair clips on the couch...and a curling wand that’s...you know you saw it somewhere...in the backseat of the car...maybe?
WHAT YOU NEED, RIGHT WHERE YOU NEED IT
Naturally, with so much already on your plate, you don’t want to add “track down my hairstyling products and tools” to an already overstuffed “to-do” list.
That’s why we’re here to offer you a few fast, trouble-free suggestions for do-it-yourself hair care home organization.
These no-fuss techniques and tricks are sure to help you make those aggravating styling-tool- and-product searches a thing of the past!
CAN’T FIND YOUR CURLING WAND? CHECK YOUR PIPES
PVC pipes are a versatile, easy-to-work-with plumbing fixture you find at any home supply store.
But it turns out, they’re not just great for carrying water…
...they can also carry and hold your hair tools!
You can attach small lengths of PVC pipe to the insides of your bathroom cabinets for slick, easy-access curling wand holsters!
Or, to put your tools even closer at hand…
...simply stand a branched piece of PVC pipe on your vanity or countertop.
Voila! A handy stand for your curling wands, flat irons...even your blow dryer!1
GO AHEAD... LEAVE THEM HANGING
Of course, cutting and affixing pipe might make this feel too much like a construction project.
If so, here are some cute, quick ways to give your styling tools some hanging storage.
Mounted on your wall, a heat-resistant basket, or brightly decorated bucket, will keep your tools off the countertop...right within reach!
Also, it turns out...you don’t have to use a shower caddy just in the shower!
Simply hang it up on your bathroom wall or inside a cabinet door, and your tools will be there waiting for you.
And, of course, never forget the clutter-fighting homemaker’s best friend:
Adhesive utility hooks!
A few of these on the right smooth, flat wall surface...and your flat iron, curling wand, and other tools will always have a great place to hang out!2
KITCHEN STYLE FOR YOUR BATHROOM
Okay, that’s your hair tools taken care of. Now...let’s get your styling products sorted!
Fortunately, you probably have some ideal product organizers waiting for you in another room of the house…
A revolving spice rack or miniature Lazy Susan is exceptional for storing styling product bottles.
Or, if you’ve got larger bottles of products like shampoo and styling spray…
...simply slide them into the loops of a countertop wire wine rack!3
GET A LITTLE CRAFTY
Finally, if you’ve got a crafty side, here’s a way to give your styling product storage a touch of homemade, rustic charm!
Here’s all you have to do:
- Wash out an old coffee can. Don’t skip this step! You may love the smell of coffee...but not in your hair!
- Then, wrap the outside of the can in thin rope or colored twine.
- All along the way, apply small spots of liquid glue to keep the twine secure.
- If you want to add a handle (this is optional), drill two small, evenly spaced holes along parallel edges of the mouth of the can.4
A cozy, attractive home for all your favorite styling products!
EVERY PART OF HAIR CARE SHOULD BE EASY
Just imagine it:
You finally find those cherished few moments to make your hair look incredible…
...and you don’t have to spend even a second of that time searching for lost or misplaced tools or styling products!
We hope with these swift and simple hair care organization home hacks…
...you won’t have to just imagine it anymore!
- Crigger, Donella. “16 Clever Ways to Organize Hair Styling Tools.” DIY House Hacks - One Crazy House, 26 Aug. 2017, www.onecrazyhouse.com/organize-hair-styling-tools/.
- “11 Easy And Practical DIY Projects To Organize Your Hair Tools.” Gurl.com, 6 Apr. 2016, www.gurl.com/2016/04/09/diy-projects-to-organize-your-hair-tools-blow-dryer-curling-iron/.
- Shunatona, Brooke. “24 Life-Changing Ways to Store Your Beauty Products.” Cosmopolitan, Cosmopolitan, 5 Oct. 2017, www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/advice/a6856/beauty-products-and-makeup-storage-hacks/.
- “Touch the Sky.” Audrey Pettit Designs, 7 Aug. 2014, www.audreypettit.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/touch-the-sky/.