- How do I choose the right set?
L’ange hair extensions are offered in two different collections. Classique, our 3-piece set is recommended for any length hair that is fine or thin and looking to add volume. The 7-piece set, Brillante, is intended for anyone with normal-to-thick hair, coarse, textured or short hair (especially blunt haircuts) who are looking to add volume and length to their hair. The additional wefts in Brillante ensure a seamless blend with your natural hair.
- What are L’ange Hair Extensions made of?
L’ange extensions are made of 100% premium human hair. Each weft is soft, shiny and expertly dyed to blend with your own hair.
- What lengths do you offer?
We offer extensions in 14”, 16” and 18” lengths. Need help choosing the right length? Check out this video.
- Can I blow dry, curl and straighten my extensions?
Absolutely! You’ll want to use a lower setting or temperature than you would with your natural hair to prevent the extensions from drying out. We also recommend using a heat protectant like our Rival Heat Shield to add an extra layer of protection against styling damage. To make sure your curls last, you will need to hold the extensions on your wand longer than you would your own hair.
- Can I use styling products in my extensions?
You may use styling products on your extensions. Keep in mind that the less products you use, the less frequently you will need to wash your hair. Extensions last longer and stay in better shape when you wash them less.
- Can I cut or dye my extensions?
If your extensions are too long or you’d like to tailor them to your style, we recommend taking them to a professional for a trim as you’re wearing them. This will ensure they expertly blend with your own hair.
You may color your extensions, however we do not recommend bleaching them. Any bleaching, dyeing or toning is done at the customer's own discretion and we cannot be held accountable if the results do not come out as intended.
- How long do L’ange hair extensions last?
With proper care and maintenance, L’ange extensions are meant to be enjoyed up to 6 months. Less frequent washing and wear can help them last up to a year or longer.
- Can I purchase individual pieces of hair extensions?
We do not offer individual wefts at this time. We currently offer two collections: Classique, our 3-piece set and Brillante, our 7-piece set.
- How do I match the extensions to my hair color?
We offer 11 multi-tonal shades that have a mix of high and lowlights for expert blending with a wide range of hair colors.
If you still have trouble deciding, send us an email (email@example.com) with photos of the front and back your hair taken in natural lighting. We can help you select the color that’s right for you.
- When I receive my order, how will I know if it matches my hair?
You will receive your L’ange extensions in a box with two compartments. The smaller compartment contains one of the wefts from your set. This weft is meant to be has been packaged separately so that you can check the color against the ends of your own hair.
Remember: if you remove the weft from its backing, wear it, use any products on it or open the main compartment, you will not be eligible for a refund or exchange. If the seal has been broken, your extensions are not returnable.
- Do I need to wash my extensions before I wear them?
Your extensions are completely ready-to-wear straight from the box.
- How do I clip in the extensions?
Our clip-in extensions feature snap clips. They simply snap on for easy placement and snap off if you want to adjust or remove them. With practice, most users are able to apply them in just minutes. See here for full instructions on how to apply them.
- Will wearing extensions damage my natural hair?
No. Clip-in extensions are the most gentle type of hair extension because they are only temporary and you do not sleep in them. Unlike tape or sew in extensions that are bonded to your hair, you can remove clip-in’s (much like you would a barrette) to give your hair a rest.
- I have fine/thin hair, will people be able to tell I’m wearing extensions?
If you have thin hair, our Classique 3-piece set is designed for you. This collection is balanced with the ideal fullness and length to look completely natural. Try backcombing your hair at the roots to add more grip and coverage for the extensions.
- I have short hair. Can I wear hair extensions?
Our Brillante 7-piece set is ideal for those who have short hair because this set contains more wefts which will better blend into your hair. The key to a natural blend is by making sure that your extensions are just as voluminous as your natural hair, past the point where your natural hair ends. If your hair is very short, you may need to take your extensions to your stylist to expertly taper them to blend with your existing style.
- How can I help the extensions blend in with my hair?
If you have a hard time getting the extensions to blend with your hair, try these tips for the most natural transition:
- Short hairs at the nape of the neck can be a dead giveaway that you are wearing extensions. Hide them by securing the section below the ears flat against your head. You can braid the hair or pull it into a small bun and secure with an elastic or bobby pins.
- If your hair is fine or thin, try backcombing the hair before placing the extensions to give them more surface area to grip as well as more volume to cover the wefts.
- Extensions blend best when they are curled OR flat ironed together with your natural hair.
- Use smaller sections of hair on the heat tools; leave the tool on the extensions longer than your natural hair to set the curl.
- Avoid using too much product on your extensions and only wash them when excessive buildup forms.
- Brush or finger comb your hair and your extensions throughout the day.
- If you have lots of layers, blunt ends or a very short haircut and still have trouble blending, take the extensions to your stylist to trim them (while in your hair) and tailor them to your style.
- Can I wash my extensions? How often should I do so?
Bottom line: the less you wash your extensions, the longer they will last. Washing is really only needed if they have excessive product buildup or they become difficult to manage. We recommend using only sulfate-free products for colored hair and gently washing in lukewarm water, followed by conditioning from the mid-shafts down.
- Can I swim in my extensions?
Your extensions will last longer if you do not swim in them. If you choose to, make sure to coat them with conditioner or olive oil to prevent them from drying out.
- How can I make my extensions last longer?
The less product you use on your extensions means the less frequently you will need to wash them. The less you wash your extensions means the longer they will last. Other things you can do to preserve your extensions include: letting them air dry versus blow drying them, using a heat protectant when you curl or straighten, brushing them throughout the day to remove tangles and hanging or storing your extensions in their box when you aren’t wearing them.
- What is the best way to store my extensions?
You may store your extensions in the box they came in or any protective box you would like. Stack your wefts and roll them into what looks like a ponytail. Gently brush and detangle the ends. Twist all pieces in the same direction to create a loose donut shape with the hair. Place inside the box and close the lid.
- Can I sleep in my extensions?
To keep your extensions in their best shape and to avoid tangling or damaging your own hair, we recommend that you do not sleep in your extensions.
- Why can’t I return hair extensions that have been opened?
Human hair extensions are a considered hygienic product and cannot be returned or exchanged once they have been opened. We take matters of hygiene and public safety seriously and do not allow opened items to be returned for the safety of our customers. This is an industry standard and other hair extension companies do not allow opened items to be returned for the same reason.
- I have a problem with my order, who can I contact?
We are so sorry you have an issue with your order. We are happy to help! Please click here to send us an email and our amazing customer care team will be happy to assist!
Disclaimer: We hope you love your L’ange extensions and enjoy the versatility and confidence boost that comes with longer, thicker hair. If you have not opened the seal or worn the tester weft, we will happily refund or exchange to your satisfaction. If you have opened or worn your extensions and experience any problems (i.e. broken clips or faulty product, not due to user error) please contact us and we will make things right.
Please note: If you have modified your extensions in any way and are unhappy with the results (i.e. bleaching, cutting or coloring) L’ange is not responsible. Modifying extensions is done at the customer’s discretion and we cannot be held accountable if the results do not come out as intended. Extensions are not considered faulty and L’ange is not responsible if their condition deteriorates due to poor care, treatment or application. If you have any questions about how to care for your extensions, please see here.