Your cart is eligible for additional savings:
Your Easy Road-Trip Hair Survival Guide
A road trip carries its share of questions. Questions like: “WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY HAIR?”
At a glance, they may look like just two little words.
But inside them lies adventure, excitement, and memories that will last you a lifetime.
And those two words are:
Is there anything more thrilling than hopping in your favorite ride with the people you love...and setting off together down the highways and byways?
“A road trip with your loved ones is a gateway to experiences you’ll never forget!”
Still, we have to be honest here:
A road trip carries its share of questions, too.
“How do I keep feeling fresh and pretty...when the next rest stop is in another state?”
“What’s the best way to boost the kids’ mood through miles of prairies and desert?”
And, of course, that question that faces you wherever you roam:
“WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY HAIR?”
After all...a road trip means scenic overlooks, just crying out to be immortalized in a selfie.
Or those family photos when you stop to admire a stirring national landmark or monument.
These are images you and your loved ones will cherish the rest of your lives.
So you want to be sure your hairstyle is just as distinctive and memorable as the moment itself!
That’s why we’re here today with three easy hairstyles to try on your next road trip.
You can create each of these low-maintenance looks in minutes…
...for vibrant, eye-catching style that lasts long after you reach your final destination!
THE MILKMAID BRAID
This fetching look combines the elegance and texture of a braided style with the convenience of a low-fuss updo.
Plus, it’s got a touch of down-home flavor...perfect for cruising through those old-fashioned country towns!
“It’s a little bit country and a little bit chic...it’s the road-trip-ready milkmaid braid!”
Here’s what you do:
- Create two pigtail braids, one on either side of your head.
- Secure the end of each braid with a hair elastic. If you prefer a thicker braid, pull the elastic low, then loosen the edges of the braid by with a small side tug.
- Pull one of the braids over the top of your head.
- Secure it in place using three bobby pins: One at the base of the braid, one in the middle, one at the end.
- Do the same with the other braid, tucking the ends of the two braids under each other before pinning them securely.
- For a looser, free-flying look, pull a few front pieces of hair out to hang loose from under the braid.
- Then, set the hold with a long-lasting hairspray…and voila!1
As a bonus, this is also a lovely style for girls...so why not try matching mother-daughter milkmaid braids for this road trip?
BUNDLED BEACHY WAVES
With a precise and powerful curling wand, creating lustrous beachy waves is an absolute cinch.
But once you’ve spent a couple of days on the open road, you’ll be looking to give those waves some new pizzazz.
This scarf-wrapped day two or three look accents the flow of your waves with explosive patterned color.
Plus, it’s ideal for when you’re facing a few days’ worth of product build-up, or those inevitable flyaway strands.
“This look keeps your beachy waves in the spotlight...while hiding those greasy Day Three roots!”
To create this look:
- First, take a square hair scarf (the color and pattern is up to your imagination!) and fold it in half diagonally, making a triangle shape.
- Then, tie the scarf in a knot, so the knot lies right in the middle of the cloth.
- Lay the scarf over your hairline, with the knot in the center.
- Pull the ends of the scarf back around, then double-knot them at the back of your head.
- Leave the scarf ends loose, to dangle down over your neck and back.2
This look will give those beachy waves a renewed dash of funky, free-spirited flair…
...perfect for the “outlaw” vibe you get from barreling down that highway!
EASY-SLEEPING DOUBLE BUNS
When it comes to a long road trip, one thing is as inevitable as a rousing round of “I Spy”:
Sooner or later, as long as you’re not behind the wheel…
...you are going to fall asleep.
But catching some much-needed on-the-road rest doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style.
These adorable double buns will do a dynamite job of keeping your hair out of harm’s way while you doze.
That way, when you wake up, your hair can come down...with its shape and volume intact!
“Protect your hair’s body and bounce by keeping it away from the crunch of that naptime headrest!”
Here’s how it works:
- Start by giving your hair a volume refresher with a touch of root-boosting formula.
- Then, separate the hair into two sections.
- Pull those sections into high pigtails, and secure each one with a hair elastic..
- Wrap each pigtail into a bun, and secure it in place with bobby pins. If you’d like a little extra wave when you take your hair down, twist the pigtails as you wrap.3
This style is commonly known as “space buns”...due to its resemblance to the iconic look of Princess Leia from Star Wars.
And you’ll be ecstatic when these buns let you get the rest you need...and wake up looking out of this world!
HIT THE ROAD WITH GREAT HAIR
Traveling light is one of the key ingredients of any successful road trip.
But that doesn’t mean stylish, stunning hair should have to stay home.
So, this year, try making this trio of smashing hairstyles part of your road-trip survival kit.
They’ll help you look amazing and feel your most joyful…
...no matter where that road takes you!
- “The Only Milkmaid Braid Tutorial You'll Ever Need.” Advice from a Twenty Something, www.advicefromatwentysomething.com/the-only-milkmaid-braid-tutorial-youll-ever-need/.
- “The Last Minute Costume: 3 Easy Halloween Costumes.” The Style Canvas | Scarves.com's Fashion, Style, and Beauty Blog, 24 Oct. 2013, www.scarves.com/blog/easy-halloween-costumes-for-women.
- “Two Buns Are Better Than One: Double Bun Hair Tutorial.” Paper and Stitch, 9 Aug. 2016, www.papernstitchblog.com/2016/08/09/two-buns-better-one-double-bun-hair-diy-try/.