Pumpkin Spice: It’s Your Hair’s Favorite, Too!
We’re here with a fresh, nutrifying all-natural hair mask... fortified to keep your tresses shiny, manageable, and eye-catching all through the fall. And best of all, this mask brings with it the invigorating thrill of autumn’s signature scent: PUMPKIN SPICE!
The days are getting shorter...your kids are back in school...and already, the leaves are taking on striking shades of orange and gold.
Autumn is just around the corner!
But along with the thrills of your kids’ school sporting events...the frightful fun of Halloween...and the warmth and togetherness of Thanksgiving…
...fall also carries several frustrating threats to your hair’s health and vibrance!
“Autumn is a time of year full of carefree fun...but for your hair, those cooler, shorter days can spell nothing but trouble!”
AUTUMN HAIR HANG-UPS
Of course, any seasonal change causes a shift in the demands on your hair care routine.
You surely already know how the intense heat and humidity of summer dries out your locks…
...and the frizzy, brittle, flyaway strands that accompany the frigid, desaturated air of winter.
But just how familiar are you with the problems autumn weather presents to your hairstyle?
As the days grow colder, the rainfall levels pick up, and the sun becomes more and more of a stranger, you may find yourself up against:
- Out-of-control, untamable frizz, aggravated by damp, rainy conditions
- The drying effects of space heaters and radiators you’re using more often as the days cool11
- Dull, faded, or washed-out color, thanks to less vitamin D from the sun
- A harsh, itchy scalp, as natural oil production decreases during the season2
“The autumn months bring heavy rains...and frizzy, hard-to-style hair!”
Combine all these energy-sapping, glamour-damaging autumn effects…
...and you can find yourself feeling dark and gloomy before winter even arrives!
AUTUMN’S MOST MAGICAL INGREDIENT
Fortunately, we’re here with a fresh, nutrifying all-natural hair mask...fortified to keep your tresses shiny, manageable, and eye-catching all through the fall.
And best of all, this mask brings with it the invigorating thrill of autumn’s signature scent:
For decades, this has been a staple flavor of fall pastries and desserts.
And in the last few years, pumpkin spice has found its way into simply everything.
You can now get pumpkin spice cough drops, pumpkin spice dog treats...even pumpkin spice deodorant!3
And when it comes to pampering and protecting your hair, pumpkin and nutmeg is a perfect autumn health-boosting combination!
YOUR HAIR LOVES PUMPKIN SPICE, TOO
The pulpy flesh of a pumpkin is packed with nutrients ideal for strengthening and smoothing your hair.
This includes vitamin C, which helps your body more efficiently absorb iron...a necessary component of thick, sturdy hair growth.
Pumpkin also contains beta-carotene, which nourishes your scalp to prevent dandruff, and fortifies your hair’s body and flexibility, for less breakage and split ends.
“The scalp-saving, breakage-battling beta carotene in pumpkins is what gives them their unmistakable orange color.”
You’ll also find zinc, which protects you against thinning hair and curbs excess hairfall…
...and copper, which has been shown in clinical studies to help prevent premature graying, and even restore luster to your natural color!4
This is only a sampling of the hair-replenishing goodness you’ll find hiding in that bright orange shell!5
Of course, it wouldn’t be a pumpkin spice hair mask without the spicy part...provided here by fresh, zesty nutmeg!
This spice can be used to make an intensely high-energy antioxidant oil…
...cleansing your scalp and priming your follicles for healthy hair growth.
And, by strengthening your cuticles, while still keeping them poised for your favorite hair care products, nutmeg also helps give your locks a shine and color that’s simply bursting with life!6
Last but not least...not only does this mask leave your autumn hair looking and feeling spring- fresh…
...it’ll also smell like your favorite pumpkin-spice-flavored treats all day long!
“ENERGIZE YOUR AUTUMN” PUMPKIN SPICE HAIR MASK
For the best results, you’ll want to apply this refreshing mask on days when you’re shampooing and conditioning your hair.
- 2 ounces of raw pumpkin flesh
- 1 ounce of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg oil OR 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 1 ounce of filtered water
- Vanilla and sweet orange essential oils (optional...but it certainly does enhance the pumpkin spice aroma!)
“Used as an oil or a powder, nutmeg brings a host of enriching benefits, for shiny, style-friendly locks.”
And here’s how you make and apply it:
- Bring the water to a boil.
- In a heat-proof cup, steep the raw honey in the boiling water.
- While the honey is cooling, combine the pumpkin and nutmeg in a blender.
- Add the cooled honey to the pumpkin-nutmeg mixture.
- Blend until the nutmeg is blended through.
- Transfer the mixture to a sealable tube or plastic bottle.
- Add 5 drops of sweet orange essential oil and 3 drops of vanilla essential oil (optional).
- Apply the mask to wet, freshly washed hair, and let it set for 10 minutes.
- When you’re ready, rinse the mixture from your hair with warm water.
- Then, condition your hair as normal.7
Applying this pumpkin spice hair mask once a week will give you sleek, smooth, shimmering hair that’s ready for any challenges autumn sends your way!
AN AUTUMN DREAM COME TRUE
Autumn can be an enchanting time of year...but it can also take its toll on your hair!
That’s why it’s good to know pumpkin spice is not only delicious...it’s also a trouble-free key to healthy fall hair.
We hope you’ll come to trust this pumpkin spice hair mask to keep you looking and feeling lovely throughout the season.
In fact...we have a sneaky suspicion you’re going to love this mask so much, you just might make everyone’s ultimate autumn fantasy come true…
...and make pumpkin spice a part of your life all year round!
- Haines, Reyne. “Tips for Fabulous Fall Hair.” The Huffington Post, TheHuffingtonPost.com, 7 Dec. 2017, www.huffingtonpost.com/reyne-haines/tips-for-fabulous-fall-ha_b_5917952.html.
- Bornholtz, Kristina. “5 Ways Your Hair-Care Routine Should Change for Fall.” Women's Health, Women's Health, 25 May 2018, www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/a19940594/fall-hair-care/.
- Tori, and Rachel. “Top Fifteen Weirdest Pumpkin Spice Products in 2017 (Just for Fun!).” Mashup Mom, 7 Oct. 2017, www.mashupmom.com/top-fifteen-weirdest-pumpkin-spice-products-in-2017-just-for-fun/.
- “HealWithFood.org. “8 Diet Tips for Strong, Healthy Hair.” Radish Sprouts: Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts, www.healwithfood.org/hair/.
- “The Powerful Benefits of Pumpkin for Healthy Skin and Hair.” Wellness Today, www.wellnesstoday.com/beauty/the-powerful-benefits-of-pumpkin-for-healthy-skin-and-hair.
- Hayes, Miki. “5 Surprising Skin & Hair Benefits Of Nutmeg.” Bustle, Bustle, 25 Apr. 2018, www.bustle.com/articles/94528-using-nutmeg-for-hair-skin-woes-suddenly-changed-my-summer-beauty-routine-for-the-best.
- Jackson, Kristin Collins. “How To Make Pumpkin Hair Products At Home.” Bustle, Bustle, 25 Apr. 2018, www.bustle.com/articles/185412-5-diy-pumpkin-hair-treatments-that-will-give-you-luscious-locks-photos.