Your cart is eligible for additional savings:
Bananas: The Key to Deep-Conditioned Hair
Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean you don’t want your hair to look and feel as wonderful as possible.
Summer is almost here. So we have to ask: Have you made your vacations plans?
We’re not talking about where you and your loved ones will be spending your sunny getaway...or the activities you’ll enjoy when you get there.
What we mean is: Have you made plans for taking care of your hair while you’re on vacation?
YOUR HAIR DOESN’T GET THE WEEK OFF
It’s no secret:
Whether you’re flying overseas, heading to the beach, or trekking out to your favorite campsite or family cabin…
...maintaining the volume, shine, and health of your hair while you’re away can be a tremendous challenge.
“Keeping your hair looking this good on vacation is not as easy as she makes it look!”
In fact, plenty of women simply say:
“MY HAIR’S TAKING A VACATION, TOO!”
That means nothing but scarves, messy ponytails, and hats till it’s time to head home.
And that’s why stylists around the country already have women booking a post-holiday deep conditioning treatment…
...planning to work out a whole vacation’s worth of tangle, brittleness, and excess oil in one go!1
THERE IS A BETTER WAY
Now here’s the thing:
We know just because you’re on vacation, that doesn’t mean you don’t want your hair to look and feel as wonderful as possible.
But the idea of carrying along all the styling products and tools you use at home…
...it makes the notion of just bailing out your travel-battered hair with a deep conditioning treatment seem like a sensible option.
However...what if we told you there was an amazingly simple deep conditioning mask....
...one you can make yourself with just four ingredients...all at any grocery store near your favorite travel spot?
This mask offers the hair-revitalizing benefits of:
- BANANAS - They’re packed with potassium and vitamins that soften your hair and boost elasticity, keeping you safe from split ends and breakage2
- COCONUT OIL - Keeps your hair hydrated, and also offers powerful protection against frizziness
- OLIVE OIL - Its vitamins and antioxidants protect your hair’s keratin, an essential protein for volume and shape3
- HONEY - It’s full of humectants, elemental moisturizing agents, and has been shown in studied to strengthen hair follicles4
“The combined hair-revitalizing benefits of bananas and honey make this one of the sweetest hair treatments you’ll ever use”
Once you have these ingredients, all you’ll need is a bowl, a spoon...and a quarter-hour of your time!
BANANA DEEP CONDITIONING TRAVEL MASK
Here’s how to make and use this banana-based mask while you’re on vacation:
- Mash 1-2 bananas into a creamy puree. You want to use overripe bananas for this. Look for those brown-spotted peels...your hair will love you for it!
- Add a teaspoon each of the coconut and olive oils, as well as a tablespoon of honey.
- Whisk the ingredients together until they’re mixed smoothly.
- Spread the mask evenly over your hair.
- Let the mask sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water.
- If needed, comb your hair to remove any leftover unmashed banana bits.
Using this treatment over the course of your vacation will keep your hair moist, healthy, and invigorated.
We suggest using it on days when you won’t be shampooing. Not only will it help your hair stay glossy and voluminous without shampoo…
...it’ll also smell good enough to eat!5
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!
A do-it-yourself conditioning treatment that’s all-natural, easy to make...and perfect for when you’re away on vacation.
We look forward to hearing about your results when you try this on-the-go hair mask for yourself.
By the way, if you do try it...love what it does for your vacation tresses…
...and still decide to get a post-holiday deep conditioning treatment at your salon…
...we say, indulge yourself.
A trip to the salon is so stimulating, relaxing, and rejuvenating all at once…
...consider it your post-vacation vacation!
- Hayes, Miki. “Here's How To Keep Your Hair Healthy At The Beach.” Bustle, Bustle, 19 Apr. 2018, www.bustle.com/p/how-to-care-for-your-hair-after-a-day-at-the-beach-60695.
- “Hairfinity United States Blog | Banana Hair Mask Recipes For All Hair Types.” Official US Hairfinity Online Store, 16 May 2017, www.hairfinity.com/us/en/banana-hair-mask-recipes/.
- Ireland, Kay. “Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair.” LIVESTRONG.COM, Leaf Group, 18 July 2017, www.livestrong.com/article/87040-benefits-olive-oil-hair/.
- “11 Ways to Use Honey to Get More Gorgeous Skin, Hair, and Nails.” Women's Health, Women's Health, 26 June 2017, www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/beauty-uses-for-honey.
- “3 Natural Deep Conditioning Hair Masks To Maintain Shiny & Bouncy Hair.” P&G, www.rewardme.in/beauty/hair/article/3-diy-natural-deep-conditioning-hair-masks.