The DIY Fix To Define Your Curls
It’s never been easy to keep your away-from-home curls at their fresh, full-bodied best when on vacation. ...Until now.
Whether you’re blessed with naturally curly or wavy hair…
...or your locks are the result of painstaking attention with your favorite curling wand…
...to keep those curls frizz-free, voluminous, soft, and enticing...your hair always benefits from an extra touch of TLC…
...and that goes double when you’re traveling!
AROUND THE WORLD WITH CURLS
No doubt about it:
Unless you’re pampering your body and your hair at a luxury spa or resort…
...vacations can put your curls through a virtual obstacle course!
“Keeping curls like this bright and bouncy always takes some special care...and especially when you’re on vacation!”
From the time-crunched days...to the inconsistent hotel water pressure...to the difficulty of styling without your usual home array of tools and products…
...it’s never been easy to keep your away-from-home curls at their fresh, full-bodied best.
Never, that is…
That’s because we’ve got an easy-to-make, carry-on DIY treatment especially for curls!
You can whip up this no-fuss, three-ingredient treatment in your kitchen in minutes…
...and it’s ready to travel wherever you go...to give you curls that are simply alive with vibrancy and shine!
JUST THE FLAX, MA’AM…
The key curl-enhancing ingredient of this efficient hair treatment is flax seeds.
“Flax seeds have been prized for decades for their mighty hair-rejuvenating properties”
Also known as linseeds, these little nuggets of goodness bring a wealth of protective and restorative benefits to natural or heat-styled curls.
- Flax seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids, to preserve your hair’s strength and prevent breakage and split ends
- They’re a dynamic natural moisturizer...essential for maintaining kicky curls
- They add powerful definition and hold to your curls...without flaking, residue, or leaving your hair crunchy
- They’re compatible with all your favorite styling products, shampoos, and conditioners
- They work their fast-drying styling wonders on all types of hair...so whether your tresses are fine, thick, or coarse, they’ve got you covered!
- ...and they’re reusable...so one batch of flax seeds gives you multiple portions of this DIY treatment!1
FAST FLAX SEED CURLY HAIR TRAVEL TREATMENT
Here’s what you’ll need to make this amazingly simple curl treatment for yourself.
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds (available in your grocery store’s health food section; they come in brown or yellow varieties...the brown seeds are higher in omega-3s)
- 2 ounces of aloe vera (optional)
- 2-3 drops of scented essential oil (optional)
- A large saucepan
- A mesh strainer
- A large glass bowl
- A spoon
- An empty travel-size glass or plastic bottle
And here’s all you have to do to keep your curls looking fabulous with the power of flax seeds!
- In the saucepan, bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
- Once it’s boiling, add the flax seeds.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly to make sure the seeds don’t stick to the bottom of the pan. As the seeds cook, you will see a gel-like substance forming in the water...it will look sort of like egg whites.
- When it’s ready, remove the pan from the heat and pour the contents into a strainer, letting the gel drain into the glass bowl. Caution: This gel will get thicker as it cools, so you want to do this as quickly as you can.
- If you choose to add aloe vera to this treatment, do it while the gel is still warm, and stir well. Wait until the gel is cool before adding the essential scented oil.
- Transfer the cooled gel into the plastic bottle...and you’re ready to fly!
This gel will be good for 1 to 2 weeks, and it’s best stored in a refrigerator or travel cooler.
Now, here’s the best part:
Using this treatment is even easier than making it!
You simply apply the gel to damp hair, and let it set by air-drying. Then, once it’s dry, just scrunch your curls until they’re soft to the touch.
And those curls will stay soft, shiny, and gorgeously touchable all day...and into the night!2
“You won’t be able to keep from touching these smooth, sleek, enticing curls...and neither will he!”
ONE LESS TRAVEL WORRY
Vacations are meant to be a time to get away from your troubles.
But when it comes to maintaining your curls, those troubles can sometimes try to come along for the ride.
With this homemade flax seed curl-keeping treatment at the ready, we know you’ll be all set to say “good riddance” to travel-time curly-hair worries…
...and “bon voyage” for your latest adventure!
- “DIY Flax Seed Gel and Its Benefits on the Hair.” Urban Bush Babes, www.urbanbushbabes.com/diy-flax-seed-gel-and-its-benefits-on-the-hair/.
- “Curly Hair Salvation: Flax Seed DIY Gel.” Kristen Arnett, 5 May 2018, www.kristenarnett.com/curly-hair-salvation-flaxseed-diy-gel/.