February is here. And you know what that means...pink and red hearts everywhere you turn.
Ahh yes, Valentine’s Day. A day to celebrate love in all forms!
What was once thought of as a couple’s holiday has evolved into so much more today.
Who says that couples should have all the fun?
Significant other or not, there are many ways to enjoy February 14th.
Whether spending the day solo, part of a duo, or with friends or family, there are many exciting options for you!
From the flashy, to the low-key, read ahead as we highlight some non-traditional ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Celebrate Your Valentine
So you’ve found the perfect somebody to share V-Day with. Here are some unique things to do with your sweetheart:
- Buy ready-made pizza dough and have a DIY pizza night at home
- Visit an arcade or amusement park
- Plan a staycation at a fun, nearby destination
- Take a cooking or art class together
- Try an outdoor activity like kayaking or stand up paddle boarding
- Go on a hike and pack a picnic
If Valentine’s Day feels just like any other day, why not make this the time to relax and do things that restore a sense of balance and calm to your life!
- Binge watch your favorite tv show or movies
- Finally read that book (or magazine) you’ve been eyeing
- Sleep in or take a nap (try a silk sleep mask or pillowcase!)
- Hang out with your fur baby
- Tidy up your living space and treat yourself to some fresh flowers
- Take a bubble bath
Also known as “Galentine’s Day”, this is the perfect opportunity to appreciate the special ladies in your life: i.e. your mother, daughter, granddaughter, best friend, sister, work wife, etc..
- Make handmade valentines for your favorite people
- Throw a dinner party
- Treat them to a thoughtful gift they will actually use
- Have a sleepover, complete with crafts, movies, and delicious snacks
- Go shopping with a friend or family member
- Take them on a mini road trip
Make this day about YOU! Do what you want, when you want. After all, a little self-care is good for the soul...
- Indulge in: a mani/pedi, blowout, massage, facial, or spa day
- Hit the gym or try a new workout class (ps: it probably won’t be very crowded!)
- Make a trip to your fave chain retailer and stock up on life essentials
- Apply your favorite face and hair masques
- Cook yourself a fancy dinner
- Put on an outfit that makes you feel fabulous and go dancing with your besties
Do What Makes You Happy
Bottom line: Valentine’s Day is about love. Love yourself, love your partner, love your friends, love your family, love your hair. Whether you are part of a couple or living your best single life, it’s important to enjoy this day however you decide to spend it.
If you’re looking for gifting inspo (or want to inspire someone else), look no further than our Special Sale—save up to 30% off everything sitewide!
What are your plans this Valentine’s Day?
1- Katie Sweeney, “30 Things to Do When You’re Single on Valentine’s Day”, www.mydomaine.com, Nov 14, 2019, https://www.mydomaine.com/single-valentines-day-activities.
2- Nicole Yi, “14 Things to Do Alone on Valentine’s Day”, www.popsugar.com, Feb 14, 2018, https://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Things-Do-Alone-Valentine-Day-43041825.
3- Korey Lane, “25 Things To Do On Valentine’s Day 2019 If You’re Single & Just Want To Have Fun”, www.elitedaily.com, Jan 16, 2019, https://www.elitedaily.com/p/25-things-to-do-on-valentines-day-2019-if-youre-single-just-want-to-have-fun-15825534.
4- Emma Cooke, “27 Lovely Ways To Spend Valentine’s Day If You’re Single”, www.buzzfeed.com, Feb 8, 2017, https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmacooke24/lovely-ways-to-spend-valentines-day-if-youre-single