I know it may be hard to believe...but summer is right around the corner!
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy the sunniest months of the year?
If you ask me, there’s nothing better than a picnic with my family and friends...soaking up the warmth of the day...and enjoying my favorite summertime fruit:
That’s right. Nothing says summer like bright red, fresh-picked, super-sweet strawberries. My mouth is watering just thinking of them!
“Strawberries make a healthy and delicious addition to any summer picnic!”
Unfortunately, even though strawberries at a sunny-day picnic is one of the best summer-fun activities…
...too much of that sun, and your hair could be facing some serious consequences!
Of course, you don’t need me to tell you this. You’re no doubt aware that excessive exposure to the sun can cause:
- Limp hair from built-up humidity
- Dry, dehydrated hair
- A raw, sunburned scalp
- Split ends and dandruff caused by sweat and dust
- Fading of color treatments
- A major case of the frizzies
- ...and even increased hair loss!
But here’s the good news:
You’ll be surprised to learn that strawberries can be an excellent way to protect your hair’s health, moisture, and shine during the summer…
...and you don’t even have to eat them!
YOUR HAIR LOVES STRAWBERRIES, TOO!
It turns out that, in addition to being a scrumptious, nutrient-rich snack…
...strawberries can also be used to create an exceptional, revitalizing summer-season hair mask!
That’s because strawberries are loaded with all-natural vitamin C.
This will regulate your scalp’s pH balance, and maintain its healthy production of vital oils…
...just what your hair needs to maintain its moisture and glossiness, even in the harshest dog-day sun! 1
As if that’s not enough, your hair also gets major protective benefits from the strawberry’s seeds as well.
You see, strawberries are the only fruit where the seeds actually grow on the outside.
And those seeds serve as a strong natural exfoliant. That means when you use them on your hair, they can scrub dead and dry skin particles from your scalp…
...leaving the skin moisturized, replenished, and free of unsightly dandruff! 2
“The seeds on the outside of a strawberry can cleanse your skin of dry and dead skin”.
EASY-TO-MAKE STRAWBERRY HAIR MASK
Are you ready for the best part?
Because I’ve got an easy-to-apply strawberry hair mask you can make yourself, in no time at all!
It only requires two ingredients…
...and it’s packed with protection that’ll last all summer long!
Here’s how you make it:
- First, clean 8 fresh strawberries. Cut off the stems and leafy tops, if they’re still on the berries.
- Using a spoon, mash up the strawberries in a good-sized mixing bowl.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Mix the ingredients together until it forms a thick but smooth cream.
- Apply the strawberry-and-mayo mixture to wet hair. (You can apply this mask right after you wash your hair, or simply wet your hair in preparation to apply the mask.)
- Leave the mask on your hair for 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse well. 3
And that’s all it takes!
It’s so incredibly simple...just a short regular application of a mask made from these two basic ingredients…
...and your hair will enjoy a serious boost in body, luster, and vitality!
I hope you’ll try out this effortless DIY strawberry hair mask for yourself.
When you do, be sure to drop me a line and let me know how it helps your locks stay their freshest for the summer.
Strawberries are an unbeatable summertime treat…
...and with this mask, they’re ready to help your hair look and feel delicious, too!
- NatureHelps.Me. “Strawberry Masks for Face & Hair.” NatureHelps.Me, NatureHelps.Me, 16 Sept. 2015, www.naturehelps.me/natural-remedies/strawberry-masks-face-hair.
- Gupta, Debolina Raja. “16 Ways To Protect Your Hair From The Summer Sun.”STYLECRAZE, IncnutIncnut, www.stylecraze.com/articles/10-ways-to-protect-your-hair-from-the-summer-sun/#gref.
- Keller, Lauren. “DIY Your Way to Perfect Summer Hair With Homemade Hair Masks.”StyleCaster, 19 Aug. 2015, www.stylecaster.com/homemade-hair-masks/.